Why do we need a food revolution?
These are urgent times.
We need a food revolution because…
- Something is happening right now that’s taking a terrible toll on all of us.
- Because we are the fattest people with the highest rate of obesity anywhere and in the history of the world…
- Because the costs are staggering, we already spend more than double per capita than any other country in the world on health care
- And we do that while being the only industrialized country in America that does not guarantee health care to all of its citizens
- Our federal debt is sourcing, our kids are getting sicker we have the highest and rates of obesity and we are poisoning ourselves and all of life with pesticides.
- We have developed a system of meat production that subjects animal to confinement, unimaginable-unconscionable cruelty, and foodstuffs that are completely unnatural to their physiology, hoards of antibiotics and are creating resistant bacteria that will render even our most sophisticated medical technology impotent.
- More than 50 million men need to take a drug to get an erection
- We deserve better, the wholesome food that connects us to our food, each other and our communities
- We deserve to be healthy, vital radiant people
- We deserve to love and thrive, not just survive.
May all fed,
May all be healed
May all be loved.
~ John Robbins, Author, The Food Revolution and Co Founder The Food Revolution Network.