But now that I am an adult this day stands and means something much more to me. Now, I take it as a day to celebrate love for everything, maybe you do too – who we are, our significant others, our families, friends, everything we have to be grateful for, including this big blue ball we live on.
If you’d like to give yourself a true gift this Valentine’s Day, why not exchange the love of healthy eating with those in your life. While your sweetheart may have the key to your heart, a healthy nutrient rich eating style and regular physical activity will ensure your heart is healthy and open to show and receive the love.
Here are some healthy Valentines Day tips which you might be useful:
1. If your children are having a Valentine’s Day party at their school or day care, instead of sending candies, consider mini-boxes of raisins, fruits, pencils or stickers as tokens of their friendly affection.
2. Cooking at home is an excellent way to eat exactly what you want. Set the table special, enjoy any time in the kitchen with the people you love, and have fun making a truly nourishing meal.
Need simple and easy recipes, Try the SIMPLE, QUICK AND EASY RECIPE GUIDE. TODAY!
3. Spice it up – try cooking at home with healthier seasonings and avoid prepackaged mixes that may contain a lot of salt. Try VegeZEST! We love this seasoning and “zest” is great on Valentines day is a beautiful thing. 😉
Another great product if you like zest, is this… Super Sprout’s Lemon Powder made from the whole organic lemon, including the zest!
4. Rather than tempting your beloved with chocolates, consider a gift that has more permanence. Search for a poem that describes your feelings and write it on beautiful paper for a handmade Valentine.
If you want chocolate have dark chocolate as a superfood! You can also make a chocolate smoothie. Here is a favorite from Dr Fuhrman.
- 4 ounces organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup cherry pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Fuhrman’s Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons Goji berries (optional)
Last but not the least, use this day as an opportunity to tell your loved one how you feel about her or him, and share ways that you can support each others health and wellness.
Get started this Valentines Day by eating More Plant Based, Nutrient Rich. What a perfect day to start eating in a way you will truly love.