I love to serve this Pomegranate Quinoa Spinach Pilaf for a holiday meal. It is so festive and colorful…but best of all, it is nutrient rich.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 250 ml (1/2 cup) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In a saucepan, soften the onion and garlic with 2 tbsp. of broth. Add the quinoa and rest of the broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the spinach. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pomegranate seeds, scallions, parsley, lemon juice and zest. Add the quinoa and season with Dr. Fuhrman’s MatoZest. Garnish with toasted, slivered almonds.