According to Joel Fuhrman M.D, these are the five most dangerous foods to feed your child. By the way, they also happen to be the five most dangerous foods to feed an adult!
1. Butter and Cheese – full of saturated fat and fat delivered chemical pollutants
2. Potato Chips and French Fries – rich in trans fat, salt, and carcinogenic acrylamides
3. Doughnuts and other trans fat – containing sweets – rich in trans fat, sugar, and other artificial substances
4. Sausages, hot dogs, and other luncheon meats – containg N-nitroso compounds that are potent carcinogens
5. Pickled, smoked, or barbequed meats – places you at risk of both stomach cancer and high blood pressure
Get your children hooked on healthy foods instead!
Do you want to disease proof your child?
Try this healthy snack alternative for a sweet treat in lunchboxes or after school.
Pop’ems Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 large apples
- 12 Dr. Fuhrman’s Date Nut Pop’ems, any flavor
Instructions: Using an apple corer, or sharp knife, core the apples. Squeeze three pop’ems together to form a log. Stuff the pop’ems in the center of apple. Place apples in a baking pan, and sprinkle apples with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Bake at 375 degrees for 1/2 hr.
Another idea is to core an apple and spoon almond butter, cashew butter or peanut butter into the center and top with raisins and/or unsweetened coconut, or place a date/coconut roll in the center, instead of the nut butter. These may also be either baked or left as is.
Listen-in on a past member’s teleconference to learn more from Dr. Fuhrman on ‘Getting Your Kids to Eat Healthy’ Archived: Wednesday, September 20, 2006
(must login to the Member Center to access)