This amazing recipe by our Chef Ramses Bravo has no added salt and will leave you nourished and satisfied for hours. Soups have a way of encouraging you to eat less at a sitting because they offer fully-contained nutrition (meaning all the nutrients were captured in the bowl during cooking), they are warm and soothing, and they encourage you to eat slowly, resulting in higher satisfaction with less food. Unlike many other ways of eating, nutritional research shows that liquid calories, when eaten slowly, can lead to natural weight loss.
This is one of the reasons why we recommend eating Superfood Infusions slowly. It’s also why we make them double the size of most other squeeze packs in flexible packaging, so they can be stored easily and fuel your body on the go throughout a 24-hour period without refrigeration.
Now back to the mushroom soup.
Prep time 5-10 minutes
Total recipe time 20-25 minutes
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Chopped basil for garnish (optional)
- Sauté the mushrooms, onions, and garlic over medium high heat until they
begin to brown at the bottom of the pot.
- Add the vinegar, and let it dry up.
- Add the vegetable broth, and cook for 15 minutes
- Garnish, and serve hot.
You can use a single type of mushroom, but a mixture of different varieties will enhance the flavor of this soup.