• 2 tablespoons avocado oil or plain water
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 small red onion, grated (using the large side of the box grater)
• 2 cups of thickly sliced button mushrooms (about 8 oz.)
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup of green peas (I used frozen)
• Fresh cilantro to garnish
1. Heat the oil or plain water and add in the cumin seeds and wait until the seeds begin to sizzle.
2. Add in the grated onion and cook until the onion begins to turn softly golden.
3. Add in the the mushrooms and mix well.
4. Stir in a pinch of sea-salt (if needed), powdered coriander, cumin, red cayenne pepper and the black pepper with the green peas and mix well.
5. Cover and cook for five minutes.
6. Stir in the cilantro and serve.